Monday, November 1, 2010

digital photos

Sunne, Sweden.

An incredibly beautiful little town.
What amazes me is the quality of photos that you can make with the small point and shoot digital cameras! I can remember the days when you had to wait to see if you got the shot... and in the process snap off about a dozen photos at 40cents each hoping one of them might be a 'keeper' . I deliberately left this one 'raw' with no digital monkey business! My camera for this shot: Fujifilm Finepix Z5... with up to 6 meg. Anyway, I love this picture and it brings back many good and happy memories of our trip to Sweden to visit our friends there.

If you are wondering, the church in the background, tying the composition together is the State Lutheran Church. The Swedes take their "church" seriously. In fact we were told that before a new town is established, the government builds a church first before anything else. (Don't know if that is fokelore or not).

I became interested in photography at the age of 10 or so. I learned darkroom processing when my parents bought me a complete set (second hand). I never really perfected darkroom techniques until in college when I did most of the photography (from camera to yearbook). I could never afford good equipment, but did the best with what I had.

I remember telling myself, when digital cameras first came out, that I would NEVER go digital. Well, my first digi was a Nikon Coolpix, the first generation. After I started seeing the results from that 2Meg camera, I virtually stopped using 35mm cameras. Say, I have a really well-kept Olympus OM system, complete with original Olympus lenses... if you want the set, let me know... make me an offer I can't refuse. (I am so 'sold' on digital, I have no real desire to shoot 35 anymore- something I thought would never happen.)
Posted by Picasa